With summer in full swing, there’s no better way to start your Valentines morning than with an ice-cold smoothie. This mixed berry recipe is packed full of essential nutrients and is a low-calorie winner. Its refreshing taste and healthy combination of fruit is a great way to fuel you and your loved one, be it breakfast or a tasty snack.
All you’ll need is some frozen berries, banana, vanilla greek yoghurt, liquid of your choice, and some sweetener such as honey if you desire. It’s key to freeze your fruit to achieve a thicker consistency and have it on standby when those smoothie cravings kick in. For a creamier texture, you could use skim milk, almond milk or coconut milk.
We all know that there’s nothing more frustrating when a blender keeps getting stuck trying to blend frozen ingredients. For those perfect, FAST blended smoothies, the Defy Table Blender is your go-to. The easy-to-use, high quality blending machine is furnished with 4 razor-sharp, durable, stainless steel, serrated blades and a massive 1.5L jug. Create more with the spacious 1,5L holding capacity. Variable speed and pulse functions offer you all the control you require. Chop or blend, you decide!
- 1/2 cups apple juice can also use almond milk, skim milk, coconut milk or other
- 1 banana sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 3/4 cup vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey optional
- Optional garnish: fresh berries and mint sprigs
- Place the milk, banana, berries and yoghurt in a blender; blend until smooth. If the smoothie seems too thick, add a little more liquid or water (1/4 cup).
- Taste and add honey if desired. Pour into two glasses and garnish with your favourite toppings.