Roasted Pepper and Hummus Toasted Panini
Hot off the press and made with love, this Roasted Pepper and Hummus Toasted Panini is king of the sandwich world. Most of us can agree that there is never a dull moment when there's a panini around. We're not talking about simple cheese and tomato, we're talking about going gourmet with a taste of the Mediterranean.
We know you're serious about your sandwiches, which is why purchasing a cold panini from the grocery store when you're out and about just won't cut it. If you're looking to achieve that perfect, crispy golden-brown texture then you're going to need a model that will help you achieve just that. Our Panini Press is your top choice in terms of functionality, temperature control and easy clean-up. The flat plates allows you to cook more-evenly, therefore, ensuring your meals are cooked all the way through.
Plus, it has the ability to function as one of the handiest helpers in the kitchen, maximizing your ability to whip up a variety of dishes more efficiently, and making your food taste that much better.
What you'll need
- 1x Panini
- 30ml hummus
- 15ml basil pesto
- 5g rocket leaves
- 4 slices of roasted red pepper
- 4 slices of roasted brinjal
- 30g crumbled feta
- Slice panini in half and toast to your liking.
- Spead the base with hummus.
- Layer the rocket on top of the hummus followed by the peppers and the brinjal.
- Crumble the herbed feta cheese over the vegetables
- Spread the basil pesto on the top half of the panini
- Place cover over the sandwich, cut in half and serve with rocket leaves or micro herbs.
What you'll need :
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 30ml olive oil
- 30ml water
- 15ml lemon juice
- 15ml tahini paste
- 5ml ground cumin
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, olive oil, tahini paste, cumin and lemon juice in a food processor and process until combined.
- Add a little more olive oil or lemon juice if the hummus is too thick.
- Variation: add plain yoghurt to the hummus and use as a healthy dip with crudites.
Oven-roasted bell pepper recipe
What you'll need :
- 6 bell peppers, washed and cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Brush a baking sheet lightly with olive oil.
- Lay pepper with seeded side flat on the roasting tray.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and allow peppers to roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn the peppers onto their backs and then place the in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- They should look slightly collapsed and feel soft when done, removed baking sheet from oven and place onto a cutting board, invert a large bowl over the top of them and steam for 15 minutes
- You can now remove the seeds and peel the skins off
- Place inside a jar and cover with olive oil until required
Take your panini press game to the next level with this delicious recipe and be sure to tag us in your Facebook or Instagram posts. We would love to see your awesome creations! Happy cooking everyone.