The Acting Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has appointed Don Awunah as the new Force Public Relations Officer.
Here are brief details about the new Police Spokesman
– DCP Donald N. Awunah fsi, an alumnus of many distinguished academic institutions, such as University of Ilorin, Ilorin (2014-2015), Institute of Security Studies, Abuja (2014), Benue State University, Makurdi (2009-2010, 1995-1996), Federal Polytechnic, Ida (1989-1990), University of Lagos (1981-1984), School of Basic Studies, Ugbokolo (1978-1980), Padopads Harmony Secondary School, Makurdi (1973-1978), Ladi-Lak Primary School, Yaba, Lagos (1969-1973) and St. Mathias Primary School, Ogwashi-Uku, Delta (1968-1969).
– He obtained the following academic qualifications; M.A in International Relations and Strategic Studies in 2010, B.A (Hons) in Philosophy in 1984, ADPM in 1996 and Certificate in Mass Communication in 1990.
– Besides his core academic trainings and attainments, DCP Donald attended numerous Professional Police Courses within and outside the country namely: National Security Training in Israel (2015), UNODC Seminar for Criminal Justice Practitioners on the implementation of UN Convention Against Trans-national Organized Crime in Abuja (2002), Community Policing Training, Huston, USA (2007), Police Leadership and Management – Community Policing, Scottish Police College, Scotland (2003), Study Tour of England and Scotland Police Formations – Community Policing (2003), Crime Prevention: Trans-national Organised Crime – Unafei, Fuchu, Tokyo, Japan (2000) and Advanced Detective Course (1991).
– A member of the Nigeria Police Contingent to the UN Peace Keeping Mission in East-Timor (UNMIT) between (2008 – 2009) where he served as the UN Police Spokesperson.
– He served in various capacities in the Force; he was 2i/c Special Fraud Unit, FCID Abuja (2001), Assistant Commissioner of Police, Management Service (2009-2010), Area Commander, Owerri Area Command, Imo State (2010-2011), Assistant Commissioner of Police, CID ‘D’ Department, Akwa-Ibom State (2011-2013), Deputy Commissioner of Police, Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Edo State (2014) and Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge Homicide, FCIID (2014).
– He has also acquired proven skills in Police Public Relations and Extensive knowledge in detective and investigative work.
– A member of various professional bodies, among which are the Fellow, Institute of Security Studies (fsi), Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration and Member, Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR), DCP Don Awunah, a lover of sports, Reading, News Hunting and Man’O’ War Activities,
– He is happily married with children.
– The new spokesperson could be reached on his via email address Padotel@hotmail.com.