Manchester United is set to host Manchester City in a classic Manchester Derby at Old Trafford. This will be the first time City coach, Pep Guardiola, will be facing United’s Jose Mourinho in the Premier League.
Here are the Starting Lineup:
Key Match stats:
Both teams have secured the maximum 9 points from their first 3 matches.
Pep Guardiola will be facing Jose Mourinho for the 17th time as managers. In previous meetings, Pep won 7, Jose won 3 and the rest ended in a draw.
- City are looking for their 50th competitive win in the Manchester derby (W49, D51, L71).
- After losing four Premier League Manchester derbies in a row, Manchester United are unbeaten in their last three against City (W2, D1). They kept clean sheets in both meetings last season.
- The Red Devils have lost three of the last five league derbies at Old Trafford (W1, D1) – more defeats than in the previous 29 (W15, D12, L2).
- Wayne Rooney has scored 11 goals in Manchester derbies – more than any other player in this fixture.
- Pep Guardiola is the first Manchester City manager to win his opening five matches in charge of the club.
- Raheem Sterling has scored or assisted five goals in four games under Pep Guardiola – as many as he produced in his last 22 matches under Manuel Pellegrini.
- Jose Mourinho is the first manager to win his opening four games in charge of Manchester United (includes Community Shield).