President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his readiness to resume work once his doctors give him the go ahead.
He said he is making good progress in London where he is currently receiving medical attention.
According to a statement on Tuesday by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the President made the disclosure in a “thank you” letter to the President of Guinea, Alpha Conde, for the nationwide prayers held last week by Guineans for his recovery and good health.
Adesina said the President had earlier made a phone call to Conde, who is the current Chairman of the Assemblies of Heads of State and Government of the African Union, stated.
Buhari’s letter to Conde, dated July 24, 2017, read, “I thank you for your kind and thoughtful action in organising nationwide prayers for my good health. ” It is a gesture that I will forever cherish and treasure.
“Your Excellency will be pleased to hear that I am making good progress, and as soon as doctors advise, I shall return to my duties and continue serving the Nigerian people who elected me and are daily praying for my recovery.
” In an earlier letter, Buhari was said to have also accepted his nomination as leader of the “2018 AU Theme on the Fight Against Corruption”, which came from African leaders at the 29th Session of the Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the AU in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on July 4, 2017.
“While thanking you for the kind words and for the nomination, I wish to express my readiness to accept this new important role and to reiterate my commitment to contribute towards our collective efforts to strengthen good governance and development on the continent.
“I, therefore, look forward to working closely with you in the realisation of this objective,” the letter read