The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has berated Senator Dino Melaye (APC-Kogi West) over unverified allegations raised against his ministry.
Melaye had accused the ministry of mismanaging funds to the tune of $35 million and another attempt to break away with $350 million Eurobond.
Reacting in a statement on Thursday, Fashola said he would cooperate with the Senate as he and his staff has done nothing wrong in management of the said fund.
Advertise With Us
He said: ”With all emphasis, I state that there is no factual basis for the allegations.
”The ministry, my staff and I have done nothing wrong and we will collaborate fully with the investigating committee when called upon.”
The former Lagos State governor alleged an ulterior motive in the presentation of the allegations, as the senator made different allegations while raising it as a petition, and later as a motion.
”The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) had on Monday, 6th November 2017 issued a statement on the front page of The Nation Newspaper explaining that the money was not missing, stating also that the $350 million had been invested and that interest had even accrued on the money.
”If there was no ulterior motive for the allegation, this was enough reason for a reconsideration of the presentation of the motion on the floor of the Senate on the 8th of November 2017.
”But the story seemed to have changed from ”missing money” last week, to a ”desperate attempt to retrieve the money,” this week,” he said.