BANANA & ALMOND WAFFLE
As we welcome 2021, we’re given the chance to get creative, shake up our usual routines and start fresh. When it comes to the kitchen, our delicious recipes and world-class appliances will make sure that no cravings go unsatisfied. Now to kick things off, what’s the one thing that makes everyone’s taste buds buzz with excitement? Good old waffles.
Whether it’s for a Sunday brunch with the family or a weeknight treat, waffles are a win win for every occasion. What makes them such all-stars you ask? Their versatility of course! It’s the type of food that lends itself so well to creativity. If you’re starting the new year on a health kick then you can easily top your waffle off with some fresh fruit and a couple of tree nuts. Got a hankering for something sweet? can’t go wrong with a dollop of ice cream and chocolate sauce.
This recipe is a tasty combination of all the essential food groups leaving you with a well-balanced start to your day. With a busy start to the year, it’s always nice when a new recipe requires very little effort, with the help of Defy’s toaster and whisk blender, we’ve got you covered in both the taste and convenience department.
Our Metalic red 2 red toaster is designed with extra-wide slots to perfectly fit and toast each waffle without burning or trapping them inside. The sleek finish and compact shape make for a stand-out piece in your kitchen.
To achieve that silky smooth consistency in your homemade almond butter and fluffy whipped cream, you’ll need a high-quality multi-function blender. Defy’s Hand Blender Set delivers restaurant-quality texture with 4 razor-sharp blades, a high-speed whisk and variable pulse functions. Together, each element allows you to take full control in the kitchen and create endless recipes for the new year ahead.
What you’ll need:
- 1 small waffle.
- 1 banana, sliced.
- 6 strawberries, sliced.
- 15ml almond butter.
- 15ml honey.
- Crisp up a waffle in the toaster.
- Arrange sliced bananas and strawberries on top of crispy waffle.
- Drizzle with honey and almond butter.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream (freezer shot).
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups almonds.
- Warm the almonds in an oven preheated to 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the almonds to the processor jug and process them until creamy.
- Stop and scrape down the sides every now and then, but this process will take up to 15 – 25 minutes.
- The almonds will first look like flour with clumps, then will form a ball that moves around the food processor, then it will turn to a grainy almond butter before it becomes silky-smooth.
- Once totally smooth and creamy, transfer the almond butter to a glass jar and store it in the fridge.